Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Budget Should Be Defeated

I haven't read the fine print but this budget seems to be about politics, not the economy. To me it would appear that Harper has used the budget to throw money at people who's support he needs but it doesn't seem to have any vision behind it on the future of Canada or for the economy. In Canada budgets seem to be like that but not when you are running huge deficits. The budget leaves in political attacks on women's equality and while it does include arts and culture funding it manages to do so without actually helping any artists. As much as I hate to see stimulus delayed, we need a stimulus plan that actually works, that protects the most vulnerable, that greens the economy and that doesn't result in long term structural deficits.

Harper and his government have blown it yet again and whether that means coalition or election this budget needs to be defeated and Harper needs to be sent packing.

The Liberals are deciding, as I type this, what to do about the budget. Whether you agree with me or not, I'd urge you to contact your MP and Ignatieff.M@parl.gc.ca and let them know what you think.

No comments: