Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Reenactment of the Battle of the Plains of Abraham

First a few disclaimers: I do not understand 'reenacting' battles. I find nothing glorious in war and do not understand the attraction of reenacting battles any more that I think reenacting murders or natural disasters would be entertaining. I actually find deliciously ironic that the reenactment of a battle was threats of violence. I am also not unsympathetic to Quebec separatist. I greatly admire the extent to which Quebec has maintained it's language and culture while being surrounded by nearly 400 million people who speak another language and have a different culture. I wish that English Canada's dedication to its culture was as deep and I hope that someday a way can be found for Quebec to exist peacefully and happily within Canada.

With all of that said because reenactment was cancelled due to threats of violence and because that is not the way we do things in Canada, and because such people should not be rewarded here is a reenactment of the Battle of the Plains of Abraham.

In this particular reenactment the French are played by Bambi and the English are portrayed by Godzilla's Foot:

JE ME SOUVIENS

No comments: