Thursday, December 18, 2008

The ITunes Killer?

Well not for me. My mac is not Intel based so it won't work for me and I don't have enough problems with iTunes to buy a new machine so I can use this app. If you do have an Intel mac, Windows XP or Vista or a Linux machine check out the new open source music player Songbird and let me know how it works for you. Songbird is, as I suggested, free and open source and comes with a ton of features including:
  • Mashtape:Discover Flickr photos, YouTube videos, last.fm biographies, Google news (and more) for the currently playing artist.

  • Last.fm Scrobbling - Integrated Last.fm support allows you to scrobble, love, and ban your tracks.

  • Concert Tickets: Discover upcoming shows in your area based on the artists in your library. Event listings powered by Songkick.

  • SHOUTcast Radio Stream music using the integrated SHOUTcast Radio directory.


  • There is also a large and growing directory of available add-ons to play with.

    No comments: