Sunday, December 17, 2006

A short late night blog with a CBC link as well!

http://gorbould.com/blog/ to read Pauls blog about myspace.com

He's got some points and does some funny nitpicking. I'm not sure how Canadian use of Myspace generates dollars against murdochs cents in revenue but I concur. Murdoch is evil. Evil people finance most of the art I love. Sad. How many of you are willing to give up the things you love.

I heard today that almost all the lead filled computer garbage we generate is being shipped to China and is burned in small villages. Old news but it's still happening.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A56653-2003Feb24

http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/environ/hitech_trash/

This might be a reason trashy sites like Myspace which connect you with spammers and creeps are evil, not because a postal code doesn't work. Most average computer users do not maintain there computers well and spam, spyware, and viruses from pop culture sites lead to shorter computer lifespans.

3 comments:

CpBurrowes said...

Oh yes. Europe is catching on but we're still behind the times here.

"Apple products are compliant with the European Directive on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment, also known as the RoHS directive."

Saskboy said...

The page background is still not faint enough, and I have trouble seeing the font - and I have good eyes, just as a site tip.

CpBurrowes said...

Sometimes my eyes are crap because of diabetes complications but I have to say the site looks fine.