Wednesday, December 13, 2006

IT's JUST WRONG TO FUCK KIDS, AMEN!

I had the chance to seeDeliver Us From Evil this evening. For those of you who are unaware of this documentary or what it is about, well, it's about the child sex abuse in the Catholic Church. It seems to me that they mention Clergy abuse a lot but I saw no evidence of children abusing clergy. This movie exposes what is plainly abuse perpetuated by the clergy on vast amounts of children. Vast as in over 100,000 victims in America alone. The movie centers around one abuser in particular, Father Oliver O'grady, who is thought to have abuse in excess of 100 victims himself.

Previous to viewing this movie I read reviews focusing on Father O'grady and his charismatic charm which enabled him to get away with these crimes. The fact of the matter is the Catholic Church enabled him and many others to get away with these crimes. Since the 4th century the Catholic Church has had a history of sexual abuse against Children. Around the same time the instuted that good old celebacy rule.

I was really worked up but words are failing me now and I'm really tired. This is a well presented Documentary that I believe only biased Catholic Critics could punch a hole in. Visit the website and see the movie. Something needs to be done and awareness of the problem is just the first step. Niave as it sound I think this my last statement is true.

1 comment:

Justin Beach said...

I hadn't heard of the film, but I'll have to check it out. I am not an athiest. I believe in God, but I'm not into organized religion. I am generally warry of anyone who claims to speak for God, or who tries to fight God's battles.

I am of the opinion that an omnipotent, omnipresent diety can haldle his/her/its own fights just fine without me.