Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New and Improved(?)

Ok, just finished a major overhaul of the site. Those of you who have been following this project know that I tend to do that in the summer. Anyway, there are alot of new sections so if you feel I've left something out (or if you see any errors) let me know. I'm sure I have but I didn't want to work on this until Xmas.

So, here's what's new:

The Can. Blogs, Can. Podcasts and Can. News & Politics are pretty much the same. I've deleted a few defunct feeds and added a few new ones though.

Internet Video is new and is a combination of various Canadian YouTube feeds.

The Music Blogs is a combination of music news feeds, popular music blogs and podcasts (including CBC Radio 2 and 3) and other music related stuff.

The Band Blogs is vastly changed. There is no more Band Blogs II and the number of musical performers included has grown to over 300.

The Arts blogs are gone, broken down into component parts and those parts have been expanded under the heading Arts, Culture and Media. They now include separate feeds for Film and Televison, Literature, Visual Art and Design, Performing Arts and Radio.

Instead of 3 city feeds (Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver) there are now 30 including Calgary, Charlottetown, Edmonton, Guelph, Halifax, Hamilton, Iqaluit, Kelowna, Kitchener - Waterloo, London, Mississauga, Moncton, Montreal, North Bay, Oshawa, Ottawa, Regina, Saskatoon, St. Catharines/Niagara, St. John, NB, St. John's, NF, Sudbury, Sydney, NS, Thunder Bay, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Whitehorse, Windsor, Winnipeg and Yellowknife.

Beyond that there's the usual assortment of link pages, free MP3s and other assorted goodies. Feel free to explore and let me know what you think! Also let me know how it looks and works on the various different operating systems, web browsers, monitor sizes etc.

5 comments:

Philly M said...

way to go, Cptn. Canada - I like the new streamlined menus for the links

found a dead one though - Kelowna. I'm not dissing Kelowna (I was there yesterday), but the link is dead.... thought you should know

Justin Beach said...

Thanks Philly! Found the problem, it should be sorted in a few minutes.

Dwight Williams said...

Same glitch issue applies in the case of Ottawa, at least from this posting.

Dwight Williams said...

The link for the Iqaluit feed's working perfectly!

*thumbs up!*

Justin Beach said...

Got it, thanks Dwight! Fixes uploading as I type.