Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Definitely Not Just a Radio Host

You may already know all of this but Sook-Yin Lee would appear to be one of the most naturally creative people at the CBC. In addition to being a Radio Host and Olympic Blogger and singer/songwriter and writer/storyteller and actress she is also a film director.

Toronto Stores to which she contributed a chapter premieres at this year's Toronto International Film Festival (Public 1 AMC 6 Tues Sept 9 6:00pm Public 2 AMC 2 Thur Sept 11 3:30pm). She has also written and is about to direct her first feature film.
"It's called, YEAR OF THE CARNIVORE. It's a comedy drama, a-coming-of-age-learning-to-love-and-screwing-up-royally-story. The plan is I'm shooting it in Vancouver this fall. It's really exciting for me, but I have to admit, making movies is tough stuff. I'm like a fireman. Everyday there's a new blaze to extinguish. But darn it all, I'm gonna do it. Please check back here for updates. "

No comments: