Thursday, June 21, 2007

Seeking Writers

The primary goal of this site is to promote Canadian content and most especially new and emerging Canadian artists from all fields. Sure, it also dabbles in politics, culture, and miscellany – but that is secondary.

Given that, I still need more writers. Ideally I’d like to have more people from Toronto, as well as people from every region of Canada. I can’t be everywhere at once, especially if it involves a lot of Travel.

The basic writers guidelines go like this:
Write about whatever you want, whenever you want. There are no deadlines and no assignments. I want people to do what they already do and write about it. If you go to a show, hear a new album, see a new film etc., write about it. Go because you want to, not so you can write about it.

The primary focus is, as I said above, Can con, but you are not limited by that. Write about what you do, what you like and don’t like, what you’re thinking about – whatever it may be.

I should also mention here that artists and content creators are also more than welcome to write about what they do. I’d love to have in depth stuff about their lives and careers, but even if you just want to write to promote your work and that of your friends, that’s ok too.

The only things that are not allowed are those things that will get me sued or the site shut down. So – no plajurism, copyright violations, hate speech, slander etc., - other than that you have free reign.


If this is something you’re interested in please email me at beach.justin@gmail.com if it not of interest to you, but you know someone who might be interested, please pass this note along to them. Please and thank you!

No comments: