Thursday, January 13, 2011

Work Space, Live Space, Play Space, Solo Space.

If you'd have told me that I'd be living alone and working in my living space in 2011, I'd would have said 'no way Jose'. Well, sunrise surprise here I am living solo and working out of my front room. And the best part is how much I dig it.

With a roommate, my space would be too small to work in. And how amazing to have no overhead and half personal living expenses become right offs? Extremely amazing. For six years I had a workspace outside my house and I loved (sometimes -ha-) being able to walk away from work. Sometimes I didn't want to. Now I just unplug my work phone lines when I'm done.

I guess the real surprise is how much I heart living alone. I lived with my parents or with a partner my whole life. And one year with a highschool friend. I was always used to having someone around, eating meals at a table and being in reasonable touch with someone and sort of having a congruent social schedule. I didn't think I'd be interested in the solo living.

Sunrise surprise number two. I love the freedom; I eat candy in the morning; walk my dogs at 3am; wear pajamas all day; nap when I want; turn my phone off; go to High Park all day and anything else I can think of. I have people over when I want and then total peace when I want.

I think everyone that does something all the time (like living with someone) would benefit from taking a break from it. And then it's crystal obvious if you want to go back to it. I do think I'll partner up again, and at that time move my work out. But maybe after this freedom I won't want to.

Possibilities are delicious.


Fondly
Dr. Lisa Anita Wegner



No comments: