Monday, November 24, 2008

Sook Yin Lee's Year of the Carnivore in Production

According to Sook Yin Lee's Myspace Blog production on her feature film directorial debut started yesterday. Year of the Carnivore is shooting in Maple Ridge, B.C.
"I'm learning a lot. Normally I make little movies with my friends in our houses, but this is a much larger undertaking, we even have a transportation unit and a preproduction facility with a parking lot attendant who operates a gate!

I can't yet reveal who the actors are until all the leads are confirmed, but I must say, this cast rocks. My crew is top notch too. After years of writing this story, I can't believe it's actually becoming a reality. I'm excited and I'm scared. It's one of the biggest undertakings of my life. I was talking to my best friend Jooj the other night, when he gave me this simple advice: make something beautiful."
While Sook-Yin may be uncomfortable revealing details some are available at the website of Screen Siren Pictures
Year of the Carnivore is a bittersweet comedy, a coming-of-age story about a girl with an unrequited crush on a boy who thinks she's bad in bed, so she goes out to get more "experience".
More info is available at http://www.screensiren.ca/in-development/year-of-the-carnivore/

No comments: