Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Stephen's List?

Here's a strange tale via Michael Geist: Apparently a large number of people received Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) cards from the Prime Ministers Office. Now, if you're like me your initial reaction may be "well, isn't that nice." It turns out the answer is - 'no, that's not nice at all'.

The Prime Minister's Office is now being investigated by the Privacy Commissioner's office according to the Edmonton Sun. See, the problem is that the recipients of the cards were not friends of Harper's, or even supporters of the conservative party. They were just Jewish people. So, the question that these people want answered is - Where did the the PMO get a list of Jewish people and why was such a list collected in the first place.

2 comments:

Ms. Abstract said...

what an asshole. we all know why

Eric Rosenhek said...

Oh Snap!!! I actually got one of those cards. I wonder if I saved.....I might have burnt it.