Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Gay Bashing~ A Coward's Evil Act

Originally Posted to 'the Fake Headlines' by Margie

The "Christians" that I refer to are those who thump the Good Book while doing God's job of judging. (...Judge not lest ye yourself be judged...)Is the gay lifestyle wrong in God's eyes? I am not sure and even if it is that still does not give me the power to judge. I try to do as Christ commanded when He spoke of God's Law- the greatest of these is LOVE!! So it is with all this and my heart and soul in mind that I write the following.I know that for many people any discussion in regards to the gay community/lifestyle is either uncomfortable, does not concern them (*sigh*), or causes a self righteous tirade of "Christianisms."Gay bashing in my mind are the most evil and insidious crimes perpetrated by cowards.There is nothing Christian or justified in groups of cowards (very rare is it just one attacker) ganging up on one human being and beating and torturing them to death because of who they love.To hear people say "They choose to be gay." is the most moronic, sad and uneducated statement I have ever heard. Please tell me why any person would choose a lifestyle that could put them in mortal danger; that holds them up to ridicule by society and "loving Christians"; and that puts at risk the one love that should be able to always count on- their family?I am going to end this blog by reprinting an email I received as a result of my going to Matthew Shepard's web site. I warn you all it is very graphic and if you can read it through to the end and not be affected, then maybe you should have a very long look into your spiritual mirror. I know that when I read this email I was filled with revulsion very quickly followed by righteous anger. I may not attend an organized church but I have a very strong belief and trust in God and the God I know is beyond heart broken when He sees one of His children treated far worse than some would treat a mad animal.July 3rd, 2006, Jackie D.Garvin, a 29 year old trans gender male, was beaten to death (Inkster, MI.). It is estimated that he was taken in the late hours of July 2 nd and beaten through the night, Jackie died the morning of July 3rd. Jackie was not fortunate enough to die with family or friend's, he (she) died alone. He suffered from hemorrhaged organs and his brain hemorrhaging, crushed feet, every bone in his face was broke/crushed, every tooth beaten out of his mouth, his body was cut from head to toe, his throat had been slit twice (cutting his vocal cords), tied to his car and dragged till his kneecaps were ripped from his body and finally, Jackie suffered two massive heart attacks in which the second was fatal. I want to say this in closing, regarding that fatal night for my Jackie... As Jackie was being drug from the back of his very own car, he thought not of himself nor did he just give up on life or family. Jackie obviously knew he was going to die but, he selflessly took his last moments and last bit of strength to write, "I love you", on the back of his car.... That is the most profound kind of love.... Jackie loved us with every once of his (her) being.Thank You, for hearing me...for hearing us.

No comments: