Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Vacation but first Bob Wiseman and the Diskettes

I'm going to be away for a bit, off to the cottage until next Wednesday and unless I find a wi-fi spot on the little island in North Eastern Georgian Bay I won't be posting much (though I will try to check email and facebook occasionally via phone). Some of the other writers for the site may have a few things to say though so I will leave you in their hands along with those of the Diskettes and Bob Wiseman.

The Diskettes I only found recently when their lovely song 12345 started getting airplay on Radio 3. Though I apparently should have known much, much sooner Said the Gramophone
"In the history of Said the Gramophone, we have posted seven songs by The Diskettes. I think this is a record. Are they Said the Gramophone's dearest band? Perhaps. They play a doowop that's sunnier than the beach, an indie pop that's cooler than the sea, a bossanova that makes me think of cute girls in sweaters and neat shoes. Dave, Emily and Maggie aren't just great musicians - they're friends. And so even though Dave B has become an official fixture at Popsheep, after months of prodding he is finally poking his head in here, to share some records that make him glad."
The Diskettes now have 3 songs in the podsafe downloads including this one.

The Diskettes - 12345



Bob Wiseman needs no introduction, or shouldn't. He has been a member of Blue Rodeo, the Hidden Cameras, released numerous solo recordings, played on albums with or toured with almost everyone, provided music for the Rat King Rock Opera, pitched in on the Pee Wee Picture Show, made great funny videos with great, funny people and has generally been involved with at least half of anything cool in Toronto for many years now. He has also had a page in the downloads area for awhile now, and he's just added 4 more songs to it.

Now, I'm off for some rest. Back soon!

No comments: