Monday, June 09, 2008

Ex Tory Staffer Victoria Van Eyk joins Publicbroadcasting.ca

Today, I take great pride in announcing that former Tory staffer Victoria Van Eyk will shortly be joining publicbroadcasting.ca as a film critic and Ottawa Commentator.

A few weeks ago Victoria Van Eyk attended a special screening of Martin Gero's film Young People Fucking and lost her job for it. Conservative MP Gary Goodyear from Cambridge, Ontario, in a mad dash to avoid any association with possibly having seen the film dismissed Ms. Van Eyk from his staff.

So, out of respect for her desire to see the film before commenting on it and the sacrifice she has made for Canadian film I've asked her to join the team and share her commentary on the film and whatever else she deems worth talking about. Her first post should be up soon but in the mean time please join me in welcoming her aboard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Victoria!

Awesome to see you here. I posted your news story all over the place...too much!

Cheers!
I blog here on occasion about my experiences as an independant film producer under "Mighty Brave".
Lisa Wegner, owner
Zebra Pictures/
Mighty Brave Productions

Anonymous said...

Hey just Lisa again, I also had a censorship problem with the EMMYs and a mild S&M themed comedy that I produced. It aired all over Canada for Global TV- was made for them.

But we were ungracioulsy removed from the number one vote spot. Never got our money back for the entry fee and have only the sheafs of EMMY paperwork to show for it.

Looking forward
Lisa

Dwight Williams said...

Welcome aboard, Victoria!

Yours,

Dwight

Toriborealis said...

:) thanks!

Working on my first post now.. *nervous*

Anonymous said...

Has she written anything yet? Please link. I'm always on the lookout for new voices on this page.