Sunday, July 08, 2007

Help Wanted!

I don't intent or want publicbroadcasting.ca to be too Toronto centric, the problem is that I'm in Toronto and so I'm more aware of what's going on here than other parts of Canada. To tell the truth I can't even cover (or be aware of) everything going on in Toronto. So, I'm looking for 'correspondents' from various parts of the country (even from Toronto).

Sadly, I can't offer to pay anyone. As you will notice this site doesn't do advertising, nor do I seek government grants etc. Because of this the site generates no money, it actually costs me money to maintain. There may, at some point in the future, be revenue for the site - but only when and if I can be sure that those providing the revenue (advertisers or otherwise) will have no impact on content. In other words they won't get any say in what goes on the site.

So, the only thing I can offer is:
  • 1. A chance to promote, and discuss what you see as important:The site is primarily for the discussion of Canadian arts and content (art, film, music, literature, television, animation, etc.,) but this isn't a hard and fast rule, just a focus - if you, from time to time, dip into politics, culture etc., that's fine.

  • and
  • 2. Almost complete editorial freedom: The site doesn't have any real editorial policies, the only things that aren't allowed are things that are actually illegal - libel, slander, hate speech, plagiarism etc., otherwise write what you want, when you want as you see fit. You don't even have to be a real writer. If you can string a few coherent paragraphs together about things that matter to you, that's enough.


  • If you're up for it, please drop me a note here.

    No comments: