Monday, June 15, 2009

Update and words of encouragement.

I want to take this time to thank all you that read this blog (again, because I don't take that for granted) as well as all of you that have e-mailed me and requested an update on my recently released debut novel, "Choices." Sales have exceeded my expectations and the response to say the least has been humbling. Just this Monday 1 June 2009, I was interviewed on 1540 WNWR a radio talk show out of Philadelphia hosted by Janet Powell-Dailey. And the feedback from that show has been tremendous as well.

I sincerely hope that the words contained in this blog from its conception to now can encourage the discouraged, inspire the uninspired, give hope to the hopeless, and an awakening to a slumbered dreamer. Remember...a dream is still a dream, a goal is still a goal and aspiration is still aspiration even if it hasn't come to fruition as of yet. All it takes is pulling it out of the dark, hidden place where that dream, goal or aspiration is waiting to become more than a seed, it wants to become the fruit that feeds a nation.

So my friends, if you have a dream, a goal, or aspirations; please let my words of encouragement speak to the part of the body that has ears to hear. DON'T ALLOW AGE, GENDER, WELL-MEANING FAMILY OR FRIENDS, LOCATION, EDUCATION OR LACK THEREOF, OR ANYTHING ELSE, stop you from fulfilling your GOD-GIVEN PURPOSE.Remember the story of the three men that were given talents and how each handled theirs. Who knows, sitting in front of their computer screen right now could very well be the next great undiscovered artist, or maybe the person that really discovers the cure for cancer. But until you start to live that dream, go after that goal or aspire to do what you really want to do in life, your talent will lay dormant and never have the chance to blossom.

As the old saying goes, "Nothing beats a failure but a try." I tried and no matter what happens after this, no one nor anything can take away the fact that I fulfilled a life-long dream and achieved a goal and became what I've aspired to become...a writer with a published book.You can do it too. One day I want to receive an e-mail from one of you reading this that stepped out on faith and awakened the dream, surpassed the goal and you are aspiring to inspire others with your accomplishments. We all have a story to tell. Be your own biographer. I'm waiting to read it.

No comments: