Friday, March 21, 2008

Will Currie and the Country French Sign to Murder Records

Just for background purposes Will Currie and the Country French have been on my favourites list for a few years now. They were one of the first bands to be included in the podsafe downloads part of publicbroadcasting.ca. I never understood why it was taking so long for people to take an interest in the band. Will is, in my opinion, the closest thing Canada has to Ben Folds (except for when Ben is here on tour).

So today I'm listening to the CBC Radio 3 podcast and I find out, not only that Sloan has relaunched Murder Records but that the first people that they signed (other than themselves) were Will Currie and the Country French (and Pony da Look).

So to the Country French: Congradulations! You absolutely deserve it. To everyone else (I've been saying this for a few years now but) seriously, go see them while you can still get tickets (and see them in a small venue).

Will Currie and the Country French - Surprising Me

No comments: