Tuesday, September 18, 2007

TIFF 2007

The Toronto International Film Festival came to a close a few days ago and to me I thought it was strange that there wasn't that much on buzz on any particular film. Being a staff member of the festival, you'd think I would've heard some discussion amongst the ticket holder lines or rush lines. Nope. Well, not really. However, one observation that we all did share was that we noticed that themes of war and terrorism, etc. seemed to prevail in many of the films. The films I did see (a mere five) were all depressing and as much as some of them were pretty good, I wanted to end the festival on a "feel-good" note. Last year I ended it by seeing Paris Je T'aime. Oh how I love that film! There was nothing this year that could've topped that. Did anyone see any good films that made them laugh, cry? I heard great things about Young People F***ing and Persepolis.

1 comment:

Justin Beach said...

This is publicbroadcasting.ca, you can go ahead and say "Young People Fucking" - for me "The Tracy Fragments" is absolutely sensational, both in terms of innovation within the medium and in terms of the traditional categories - acting, directing, editing and most important of all telling a really good story.