Friday, March 16, 2007

Sirius-ly Canadian?

I have had a subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio for a couple of months now (thanks again for the Christmas present, Tina!). I love the ability to choose what I want to hear, I love the selection of music Sirius offers, as well as the sports and other programming they have (gotta love Howard Stern!). I even listen to it at work via the Internet.

If there is one complaint I have, it's that the Canadian music channels are NOT available on the Internet streaming service. I would probably listen to Iceberg 95 all day if I could, but according to an e-mail I received from Customer Service, that is currently not in the plans. *sigh!*

If you have a Sirius radio, I would suggest to you to go to http://www.siriuscanada.ca and e-mail Customer Service. Maybe the more people they hear from, the more they might consider this. After all, I may enjoy listening at work, but I'm definitely not getting my Canadian content (other than the odd BNL played on the Super Shuffle channel)!

2 comments:

Justin Beach said...

Hi Deaner, welcome aboard. Personally, I haven't even seriously considered XM - there are currently thousands of free internet radio stations and I have my MP3 player for the road so..I just don't see the point. But that's me.

Deaner! said...

Thanks for the warm welcome, Justin! :)
I can understand if you have an MP3 player, then paying for radio seems a waste.
Unfortunately for me, I have no MP3 player. So satellite radio's a viable alternative as I see it.
Personally, I like to be surprised with music. I don't care to hear the same stuff (even if it's 1000 tunes on your ipod) over and over. I'm sure I suffer from SOME disorder, but they may not have named it yet...lol!!