Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Marketing Wins

Tim Hortons has the power.

Despite having been employed and worn down by them (past tense) for a serious chunk of my working life, there is still something terribly irresistable about rolling up the lip of a used coffee cup to possibly win a free donut.

Last year, my count was about 90 cups purchased (hey, the contest spans 3 months and I worked a very stressful job at the time, conveniently located just across the street from a Timmies, + of course the post- & pre-work beverages consumed) for a grand total of 2 donuts won. This year, kids, I'm starting on a high note.


That's correct. Let it be known that somewhere in this country (where I live), there is at least one person who is 1 for 1 on this thing. That means: 100% coffees purchased = winners. And I won a coffee, so that should count for two since I get to play again for free. Right? RIGHT??

Note: I will be updating the Tim Rim status in the coming months on my blog. Feel free to post your progress as well. These are exciting times, friends!

6 comments:

Justin Beach said...

Good luck Nikki, I haven't played this year but my luck last year wasn't great, I don't think I won anything at any point. Every one was a "Please Try Again" Although I did think it was nice that they said 'Please' =)

Eric Rosenhek said...

I have a friend who buys X-Large Double Doubles at least twice a day during Roll up The Rim. Last year, he filled two garbage bags with "try again" cups. Of course, numerous times he won free coffee; so, it wasn't all a waste.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

looking around my mangers office, i stumbled across some graphs and memos from the TDL corp that most "big prize" winners were from X-large purchases and coffees and donuts from the medium and large purchases, and that x large purchases rarely win coffee or donuts but the big stuff.... maybe that helps with ur tracking.... cheers

Nik said...

I'm up to 3 bought, 3 won. Still 100%. This is unbelievable. I almost don't want to buy any more, just to say I had all wins!

Justin Beach said...

Wow...so did you win anything on the free ones? (Guessing you're just winning coffees?)

Nik said...

Just coffees. Sadly, now the tally is 6 bought, 3 won.